There once was a girl that I like to call the Goddess of The Universe. She was the first and truest love of my first ex husband and I pretty much hated her because she had the power to render him speechless long after he was married to me. Many years ago I had to go to a Superbowl party with her in attendance and it shocked me into hyper competitive mode and I decided that I would become skinny. I had never been skinny a day in my life. I am big boned. I am solid. I am muscular. But I decided that by dang, Goddess had nothing on me and I starved and ran myself into skinniness and it was great. When I look at pictures of myself from that time I cry a little because the skinniness didn't last mostly because starving is really not that appealing to me.
When I was in high school I was a cheerleader and part of our cheerleader responsiblity was to go to "two-a-days" and take drinks to the poor tortured souls on the football team. Most of them had laid around playing Atari and drinking beer all summer and they smelled to high heaven, and they spent a lot of time throwing up and passing out from all the exertion. This memory stuck with me.
What do these two stories have to do with each other you ask?
Well starting in August my sweet little baby boy has to start two-a-days himself. Waaaaah. It makes me freak a little. I have always said that when he got to this point I would make him run all summer and I wouldn't let him lay around playing games and drinking beer because I didn't want him to be sick and miserable. SO....I thought it only fair that I have to join him. We are going to try to push each other and I need that so bad because I don't find the Goddess very motivating any more. Probably because Wes likes me the best of any other girl and he doesn't care if I am a little snuggly. (LOVE him!)
Landry and I have a plan to run. We have decided on night as the time to do it because neither of us can drag our asses from our nice warm beds in the morning. Slow is the speed we have decided on mostly because my body is like a bag of mashed potatoes and it is kind of old and it hurts a lot.
Tonight was our first run and we did pretty good. It was fun. Now only about three more months to go. We will see how I feel in the morning.
Tuesday, May 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
3 comments:
I have missed your daily blogs - you are so funny! Good for you for the run - hope it works. It makes me sweat just thinking about it.
I think I will cry a little when Chase starts two a days one day! The idea is sad - you are right. But he will do great! And will be better for it!!!!!!!! you rock.
you're so good about getting motivated and working out! I can't believe Landry is so big....wow! You're such a good mom doing it with him :)
Post a Comment