Friday, February 08, 2008

My Week

Lucy is making herself at home. She is so sweet. It is taking some adjusting to get used to having a BIG DOG. Her tail can knock things over. She only had one accident and other than it being a HUGE puddle of pee it wasn't any worse than the small puddles of pee we are used to. She is very exuberant (as are our other dogs) but it is kind of like having a horse running through the house. A couple of times she has leapt on the beds and stuff which is something our other dogs could never do. It is kind of overwhelming when a 60 pound ball of yellow fur comes flying at you. She keeps barreling around the corner and scaring us. Not that she is scary in the least but it is just kind of shocking to see something so big flying at you. She also gets a little bored while we are gone during the day and eases her frustration by chewing things in the backyard. (Like the trees), and the rain gauge, and a long lighter, and the tag off the trampoline...and some trash. It is a whole new world. It is funny how dogs have their own personalities and quirks. Digger pretty much sleeps 22 hours a day and spends the other two hours begging for people-food. She will not eat dog food unless she is 100% certain that no people-food is forthcoming. Dixie has a whole set of issues. If she was a person she would be Brittany Spears. She spends her days chasing a tennis ball and digging up the grass with her mouth and placing it on top of the ball. Then she does it again. And again. And again. She does this so often that we always have tufts of dead grass laying all over the yard. She can not be broken of this habit no matter what you do. If you take the ball she will use a stick or a rock if necessary. I have even seen her climb a tree to get her ball. She does this so often that every time she gets a drink of water the whole bowl instantly becomes muddy from the dirt and grass that is in her mouth. It can't be healthy but that is what she does. Lucy is starting to fit in with the other dogs and her little personality is starting to come out. She has a funny habit of putting her head under the bed and falling asleep. So cute.

Landry amazed me this week. He is taking guitar lessons with a new (and twice as expensive) teacher. He has taken about 6 lessons and he has gotten so good it is amazing. After each lesson he comes home and is able to play something new. One night this week I was laying there listening to him and he played this awesome song like it was nothing. I asked him what it was and he told me he wrote it. Tears starting coming out of my eyes it was such a neat moment. I felt like I could burst with pride. I am so happy we switched to the new teacher. It is so worth the extra money we are spending to see him excited and to watch his talent growing by leaps and bounds. I am so blessed with this boy.

Oh and I almost forgot to tell you about the science project that nearly wasn't. I have been so stressed about this stupid thing. Our project involved growing some lima beans and the little suckers are hard to grow! We got it all done and turned it in and HE (I mean WE) made a 93!!!! I was so relieved.

Landry's dad is renting a house right around the corner from us and Landry is really excited. I think it will be neat for him to be so close by. He doesn't live that far now but he lives in an apartment and Landry gets really bored cause there is nothing to do over there. It is also a one bedroom so he doesn't have his own space. He is excited he will have his own room at Dad's now too and I am going to help him decorate it with a skateboard theme. He will be close enough to walk over there so that will be cool and I hope that will encourage them to spend more time together. Not that I ever want Landry not to be here....but I think it is important that he and his Dad are close too.

March 10 is our anniversary. Its been a year already. What a year it has been. I spent the majority of it being SICK and I feel like it was a huge test for our marriage. Wes was so awesome and wonderful to me during the whole thing and we are much stronger for it. I have a really neat gift planned for him for our anniversary and I will unveil it on the blog when it is ready. I am so excited. I have a great husband and I am so thankful. It is so freeing to have a husband that is so supportive and sweet to me. I know that whether my job works out or not, whatever I decide to do or be he will be by my side and that I am not all alone carrying the burdens of taking care of everybody. We are a great team. I am excited to see what the next year will be like.

No comments: