Thursday, November 22, 2007

Out of the mouths of Grandmas




Today as we were leaving, Wes's grandma ( who is a dear sweet lady that I love ) asked me "WHAT DO YOU DO ALL DAY JUST SIT AROUND THE HOUSE?"

After I recovered from that one and told her that no, I actually keep a baby and do photography right now she followed that up by asking me how my arm was feeling. Momentarily confused I was thinking my arm...my arm...what is she talking about...?? Then it dawned on me. "you mean my KIDNEY grandma?" I asked. Oh, yes your kidney she replied. How is that doing? ARM, KIDNEY, I can understand the confusion cause arms and kidneys are practically one and the same.

So hilarious. Bless her heart. I know that I am well on the way to being a crazy grandma myself so of course I take no offense from the comments. Kind of reminded me of the time my Meema had just opened the houseshoes I had bought her for Christmas. She was sitting there with them still in her lap having opened them only moments before and she looked at me and says "WHO GAVE ME THESE UGLY THINGS?"

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a hoot! Old people can be so funny - and as honest as a child.

Shauna said...

THAT IS GREAT!! I love the houseshoes story. I sometimes have to keep myself from doing that when I have christmas with my grandma. They say the darndest things and give the darndest gifts.

Kelly | Fabulous K said...

FUNNY! I love it :) Hope you are well!