Friday, August 31, 2007

I made it.

I made it though my first week of nannying. My shoulders hurt so bad. It is from holding a 17 pound baby. I remember I used to carry Landry around till he weighed like 40 lbs but I gradually worked my way up. My arms are very weak and "flappy" as Landry would say and they are not accustomed to being so used. I feel like I have been to Body Pump.

I took Ethan for a walk every day in his stroller. My legs are also sore but this is a very good thing because I need to walk. I am also proud that we did it everyday and I managed to maintain some semblance of a schedule with him.

I also put my make up on this week....ONCE! I did get comfortable enough to have a shower one day and a bath the next though so I think this is progress.

I figured something out this week. When Landry was a baby I don't think I ever let him make any noise at all. No wonder the poor child couldn't comfort himself his mother never put him down! I have learned this week that if the diaper is dry, the tummy is full, and if the baby is fussy anyway that it is ok to lay them down and walk away for a little bit. I wish I would have not taken everything so seriously when Landry was a baby. Why did I try to be so perfect?? I wonder if he is a better person because his mom carried him around for 4 years straight regardless of how exhausted she was........ Yeah, he probably is. (smile!)

Speaking of the King of Middle School Studs, he did great this week. He is so handsome. I watched all the kids coming down the stairs when I pick him up and he is by far the cutest kid ever. I watched this one poor kid carring a GIGANTIC guitar looking thing around that was as big as he was. Apparently if they are in orchestra or band they have to carry their instrument around all day. What?!??!??! I am suddenly really glad we chose Teen Leadership.

Oh one thing pretty horrifying happened today. I was coming inside from taking Ethan to his mom's car and my TUBE GOT CAUGHT ON THE DOORKNOB AND I NEARLY PULLED IT OUT! Ok, so I don't know if I nearly pulled it out but it did pull enough to rip loose my bandaid and it hurt like heck and scared me to death.

1 comment:

Shauna said...

the pulling tube story out gave me an awful chill through my body!!! ughhhh....