Wes got me something awesome and beautiful, and sweet and romantic for my birthday. Have I told you lately that I have a wonderful husband?? Are you dying to know what it is?? You have to wait until when I can post a picture for the answer. It is 4:00 in the morning and for that reason I can't dig out my camera and take one. I might wake my family.
It isn't just the gift that makes him wonderful it is the things he does everyday. This last year has been pretty much shit and Wes has stuck by my side no matter what. First I was in career crisis and he was there to listen to me vent and cry and to encourage me to make a change. Then there was the whole thing with Paige. Wes has been so good. He has gone above and beyond to help her and he has been so patient with me. All because she is my friend and for no other reason. Also this whole hysterectomy thing has been a nightmare and he has made me able to bare it. It gives me panic attacks think what would happen if I hadn't had Wes. He is the rock of this family.
I had to kiss a lot of toads to find him but I am so thankful that I finally did.
Now if you are wondering why I am blogging at 4 o'clock in the morning let me tell you. My hormones are jacked. Just in the last few weeks I have been having hot flashes. I think they are kind of like mini-hotflashes because they are usually at night and are remedied pretty easily by just taking one leg out from under the covers but they are definately there and it is weird. It is kind of like spontaneously combusting from the inside out. Also, I wake up several times a night and just lie there like an idiot for an hour or so. I don't know why I am suddenly writing in italics?!
I am on hormones and my pharmacist said that it would take a few months for my body to "soak them up" to the proper levels and that we could make changes as needed after that. You notice I didn't say my "doctor". My doctor was no help at all. I found a pharmacist that believes in bioidentical hormone replacement and he is very nice and helpful and knowledgable.
Anyway, I am basically the same as I was before. I am not crazy or emotional or bitchy or anything but I am just a little "throwed off". It will be nice when I get all that regulated a little more.
At the mall I saw a sign that said "I don't have hot flashes I have power surges". I had seen that before but it takes on a whole new meaning when you are actually having them and you aren't even old. Ok, well maybe I am a little old but not old enough for that!
I cooked a roast today and it was quite an adventure. First, the recipe said to cook it for 3 hours. I did that and it wasn't cooked at all. I could'nt even poke a fork in it. So at supper time it was inedible so we put it back in the oven and went to the mall thinking it would get done while we were gone. We got back an hour or so later and the stupid oven wasn't even on. I guess I had turned it off accidentally when I was resetting the timer. So I started it again and I cooked it for another 2 1/2 hours. I had to get up a couple of hours after going to bed to turn it off. I was semi-delirious when I did so I just left it in the oven and went back to bed. About 3:00 when the smell of roast permeated my house to the point that it woke me up I finally got up, cut it up and put it in the fridge. So all in all the whole roast cooking process took about 10 hours. I hope it is still good because I noticed when I took it out of the package that it cost $15.46. That is an expensive hunk of meat. I could have gotten a nice hair product for that.
Thursday, August 09, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
2 comments:
1. i am tired of having to go through the creating account process on this blog; therefore, i am going to do what crystal did and call myself anonymous then sign my name.
2. easy, delicious, fall-apart roast:
a. your roast was too expensive--i feel your pain
b. get out your crock pot.
if your roast is frozen, cook it on high all day
if your roast is thawed, cook it on high half a day--
i also put water in the crock pot--enough that the roast is covered. it eventually makes it's own juice. as long as it has liquid, the longer you cook it, the more it will fall apart and be yummy! spice as you wish:-)
beverly aka paula deen
if you watch the food network, you'll get it. . .
What is bioidentical hormone replacement???
Post a Comment