
Today was a sad day in our house. Our old dog Jacee had to be put to sleep. Jacee has been a member of our family for all of her 14 years. In the last couple of weeks she had gotten really sick. She couldn't eat and I couldn't get her to take her medicine. We just could't let her suffer anymore.
There were lots of tears around here today and we are all missing her. She was a really good dog. She had lots of funny little quirks about her like she breathed really hard all the time. She was always huffing and puffing hot air all over us. Also she was kind of dumb when it came to bad weather. It could be pouring rain or hailing like crazy and she would be just standing out in the middle of the yard! There were many times we had to run out in a downpour and drag her wet, and muddy, into the house where she would then shake mud and wet dog smell all over the kitchen.
Jacee was really really sweet and she had a really cute face. I wish I could post some pix of when she was a puppy but I don't have a scanner. This picture is last winter when we bought her a sweatshirt because we couldn't get her to sleep in the doghouse. It was like thirty degrees and she has the Taj Mahol (sp?) of dog houses but she preferred to lay out in the middle of the yard!!
Jacee Fulton is survived by her owner Paul, her co-owners, Wes, LaRae, and Landry, her close friends Digger and Dixie, and several children.
She was a good and faithful friend and we will miss her. I know she is in heaven where her hips don't hurt and there are lots of fuzzy yellow tennis balls to play with.
.jpg)
3 comments:
Well hell. I'm so sorry about your dog. We love them and take care of them, they just become such a part of our families. I know you will miss her.
I felt exactly the same as Linda when I read this - well hell! Sorry for your loss. Sweet Jacee Fulton - may she rest in peace.
oh - and I really think Linda needs to start a blog...Should we do a little bloggers protest for her?
Post a Comment