Saturday, July 07, 2007

Boring

It is Saturday.

My family is swimming but I didnt' want to scare the nice people by wearing a bikini and a pee bag so I stayed home. I'm not sure which would be scarier actually a bikini alone is pretty frightful.

I just took a shower. I don't know if I mentioned that I can now take a shower which has improved my life a lot. The hole where the tube comes out is getting more irritated lately. It is itchy and sore and it just feels uncomfortable. A shower feels so good. I just have to stand there though with the bag flapping around my my leg though. I tried tying it to the shower door but that didn't really work very well because it limited my motion too much.

On Monday I have another surgery to try and put a stint in my uretor. Yes, they have already tried this once but they want to try again. If you ask me its because it is bad publicity for me to be walking around with this bag. When people see me they react with horror and of course want to know all the details so I think they think that eventually with all the people I know it is going to add up to some bad public relations for the hospital. I think they think if they can HIDE it inside of my body it might not be so noticable and they will in turn look better.

Anyhoo...I spent about 3 hours yesterday getting registered for my procedure. First I went to the old pink-lady man at the desk and signed in. Then I waited forever before finally someone came and got me and said they guessed he forgot to turn my paper in. Then I waited some more while they tried to find me in the computer and I nearly lost it when they asked me if I had ever been there before. Then they sent me to the radiology department where they had me down for the wrong day and so we had to start the whole procedure over. While I was waiting there a guy that had been part of the procedure when they inserted the tube came around the corner. He was a nice young guy and he remembered me (ie felt sorry for me) so he came to ask me how I was doing. He noticed on my paperwork they had me down as outpatient and he said that was WRONG because it meant I WOULD NOT BE GETTING ANY PAIN MEDICATION.

Um hello. No pain meds when they are poking around in my kidney???!!!....NICE.

So he had to go get the surgeon who had to look everything over and talk with me and fill out somemore paperwork and verify that yes this was wrong. I should have been registered as day surgery. So then I had to go to the day surgery department and start the whole freaking process over.

I was mad.

Really.

So if they can remember who I am and what kidney is screwed up I am scheduled for 9:00 Monday morning and I am brimming with confidence. If I come out missing a limb I would not be surprised.

In good news my rash is going away.

Our new nephew had to be flown to Cooks hospital in Dallas. He has a cleft palate and they found some kind of polyp in his airway. I don't really know much at this point but please keep them in your prayers. He is the cutest baby ever and I was double mad that while everyone else was telling him goodbye I was stuck in registration hell at the hospital across town.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well you as well as your nephew are in my prayers. Hang in there!!

robin said...

look on the up side, if they dont screw up again maybe you wont have a pee bag any more...i guess it could get worse, you could have a poop bag too!