Friday, April 06, 2007

Friday and I'm freaking tired!!

Oh my gosh this week was crazy. My new job was hectic! I don't know what to say about it. It was "open house" week and everyone was running crazy helping customers and answering the phone. I think I did ok...but everything about it is different than I am used to. Add to that I don't know the software so I was pretty stressed.

We had baseball two nights at 8:00. Eight o'clock games mean we don't even get home until 10:30...RIDAMNDICULOUS!

THEN my friend Paige showed up on our doorstep with all her clothes and a vacuum. No I am not kidding she is really homeless and toting around her vacuum in case she needs to vacuum something I guess. Oh and I forgot she also had a lamp with a green lightbulb and no shade. It is these things that give me a tiny shred of hope that she is not as bad off as we had thought. I hope we will be able to laugh about them someday. Like Paige and I will be sitting around the table having a glass of wine and I will say "Hey remember when you were addicted to crack and became homeless and showed up at my door with your vacuum and your lamp?" and everyone will laugh. On second thought I don't think this is likely to be very funny any time in the forseeable future.

Her situation has gotten so BAD though we decided that we had to do something to give her somewhere to stay that wasn't a crack house. We have a camper trailer that is NOT NICE and I stress that. Wes is reading over my shoulder and is offended by the description of his trailer but I speak the truth. Anyway, that is the only thing we could come up with so we contacted her mom who agreed to pay for a lot at the lake and we pulled the trailer out there and moved her in. That in itself was really tiring cause there was dirt everywhere and mouse poo and stuff. After we were done though it turned out much better than I could have imagined and Paige seemed pretty content to stay there. She got a JOB out there working in the little lake store and is supposed to start next week. This is MIRACULOUS because it enables her to make a little money by walking to work which is important since her car does not DRIVE. Keep your fingers crossed and say a little prayer that she will do right and we can help her get herself out of this.

Landry just came in and showed me a big hunk fell off his tooth while he was eating a nacho. I have tooth phobia with whole teeth but a loose tooth or (God forbid) a tooth with a hunk out of it will drive me over the edge. Landry grinds his teeth like some kind of sheep while he sleeps and his teeth apparently just crumble with little warning. This has happened several times already and it always necessitates a trip to the dentist who will lecture him on eating sugar and look at me like I am a white trash mom that lets her baby suck on a bottle of Dr. Pepper at bedtime and I don't! He even has a SonicCare but he told me the other day that he hasn't been using it because "it takes too long". That was kind of the point I thought. I am spending way too much of my time chasing my son around trying to prevent him from getting zits or trying to put him in a headlock to brush his teeth. He is as big as me now and the steady stream of smart ass that flows from his mouth just exhausts me sometimes.

I don't know why all of a sudden I am typing in italics I can't figure out how I got it on or how i can take it off which is exhausting me too.

I think I will go to bed.

1 comment:

Shauna said...

My kids and their teeth also make me feel like a WT mother who is trying to get all their teeth to rot out!!! Believe it or not - that is not my intention. Chase grinds his teeth too in his sleep and it makes me nuts.
That is great about Paige - I will keep her in my prayers. That is a really tough process and the best place for her to be is in rehab - but if that is not an option - to have friends like you to support her is the next best thing. Good luck!!! I bet her vaccuum helped with the rat poo! Love ya!