Monday, November 20, 2006

Public Enemy Number One


Well...due to school politics and a crazy assed rumor I have become public enemy number one at my job. I am probably exaggerating a little but that is how I feel. It seems that the school is divided into two camps. 1. Those who want my boss to leave. 2. Those that don't want him to leave.


A few months ago I had a conversation with one of our board members that has been twisted and blown out of proportion. May I also add that this was supposed to be a confidential conversation! Anyway, the rumor is that I got my boss "in trouble" which hastened his resignation.


Good Grief. This is so ridiculous because of several reasons....


1. I don't want him to leave he is one of my best friends.

2. I have no power to make anyone do anything

3. He has been wanting to leave for like a year and has been looking for a new job.


My feelings are hurt and I feel like I can't even go to the bathroom cause I might run into one of the "Mean Girls" and they will be mean to me. And if you know me at all you will know that when a mean girl is mean to me I will dissolve into a sobbing red faced lump. I hate confrontation and I can't do any kind of arguing without a big UGLY cry. So high school.


Oprah one time was talking about crying. She was saying how some people can cry a little tear and look beautiful doing it but some have the UGLY CRY. The UGLY cry is when your face crumples up your mascara runs, you get all red and splotchy and have snot running down your face. That is me. I will never be a big career woman for the simple fact that I have no control over my cry. I know it is a big office no-no to cry, EVER, but I have no control over it. My cry is just too big. Visualize this giant bucket full of tears inside me. Most of the time I can keep it balanced and keep any from sloshing over...but if it ever starts to tilt then WATCH OUT!! The whole dang contents are going to come spilling out like a tidal wave.


In other news we have decided to sell our house. I love our house but it is too expensive and I feel like I am a slave to it and my job. I want to have options and the only way I can come up with is to cut expenses and so we are going to move into what was our rent house. (Downsizing) I am trying not to let it get me down but I would be lying if I said it wasn't just a little.
BUT one a happier note. I have 2 days left till Thanksgiving and I can't wait.




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't you just hate rumors? You'd like to think if people knew how hurtful they can be, they would stop. But that doesn't seem to be the case. Hang in there!!

Shauna said...

I hate mean girls - and I have a reallyu UGLY cry too! Maybe we should take pictures after our ugly cries one day and compare them!!! See whose is worse.