Friday, November 10, 2006

BIG NEWS!!!!

I just signed up for a 5k run on New Years Day!!

There are so many reasons why I am crazy for doing this. The least of which is that I haven't run in a long, long time and I haven't exercised at all in over a month.

BUT

I have a fresh steroid injection in my back and I feel like I am good to go. I want a good reason to shape my old self up, and this is something I have wanted to do for a long long time but I was too chicken to do it.

So...I downloaded a 5K training schedule for a NOVICE runner and starting Monday I am officially IN TRAINING.

I am posting this on my blog so that I will be publically humiliated and deemed a LOSER if I do not follow through.

Kind of like the Kirstie Alley in a bikini thing....I have to do it. End of story.

Here is a link to the run I am going to do. It is not a RACE, it is a run. When I say run I use that term very loosley because I run very slow.

http://www.resolutionrun2007.com/

If Megan can do a freaking MARATHON, surely I can run a measely 3 miles or whatever it is that 5k translates to!

ENCOURAGEMENT NEEDED!!!!!!!

4 comments:

Shauna said...

You can do it - Here is what I think: If you dont run the 5K, you should have to put on a bikini and pose in it and post it!

29again said...

ummmm

NO!

Shauna said...

you can do it!!!

heatherw said...

You can totally do it! Good Luck!