Saturday, August 19, 2006

Things That Happened This Week...

This was the first week of school and it was exhausting. It was hard getting Landry back in the routine. He was so tired and grumpy every night.

Things of note that happened this week are:

I did not exercise at all.

I ran into Paige by accident while getting gas. She would not look me in the eye. The next day I got a call about her pretty much confirming my suspicions that she is on "ice" or crystal meth. I am afraid for her and her daughter but I have turned a corner in that I am resolved to not try and contact her anymore. She is gone. When I talk to her it is not her talking anyway. It is just such a tragic waste.

I found out that I am about to have a serious change regarding my job. I can't really say more quite yet but I always fear the unknown. It really sucks because I liked the way things were but I guess it is inevitable that nothing stays the same for long.

Landry's dad is having some serious financial issues. Whats new right?? Anyway, I feel bad for him. I am worried that he will end up moving away. It will be fine if he does but I wonder how it will affect Landry. It seems like he hasn't been getting Landry on weekends or spending much time with him and I assume it is because he is depressed and too broke to do anything with him but it kind of sucks for Landry. I can't even call him because his phone is disconnected.

The week went by and I plan to spend the weekend doing laundry, running errands, resting, and hanging out with the fam.

1 comment:

Shauna said...

Meth is serious stuff - I have dealt with it in my family a lot - it can destroy someone. Hope this week is good for you!