Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Body Pump Kicked My Rump


I joined the health club yesterday. I'm so excited. This morning I went to a Body Pump class at 5:45. I had no idea what to expect. It is basically a class that combines weight lifting and cardio. It was so much fun. There were all kinds of people in there. There was this one old lady that had to be at least 70 and she was buff. It was kind of bizarre looking actually. When I am 70 I think I will be content to just be a chubby grandma. Anyway, I made it through the whole thing and now my whole body is weak and shaky. I am going to be so sore tomorrow. Whats good about it is that there is no freaking way I would have exercised that hard on my own terms. I would have quit. But here was this 70 year old lady shaming me so what could I do. Now if I can just KEEP doing it.

My car has brain damage. The cruise control stopped working suddenly and my brake lights won't go off even when the car is off. The good thing is its still under warranty. The bad thing is I have to take it to Abilene to get it fixed. I might end up getting a new one.

I did the dumbest most embarrassing thing this morning. This is my confession. As a disclaimer please note that I was raised in Hermleigh Texas. The poplulation there is like 98.5 percent Hispanic. If you grow up in Hermleigh it is not uncommon for your classmates to have full beards in 6th grade. It is not uncommon to refer to them as meskins, spics and other terms. It is not uncommon for them to refer to you as honky, wedda (sp?) etc. It is not a big deal. It is all in fun. I am not a bigot I promise......

So I am talking to this car dealer about a new car...and he is trying to descibe the color of the car for me. And this ACTUALLY COMES OUT OF MY MOUTH...."Is it kind of Hispanic looking?" Guess what his name was. Yep, you guess it. Jason Pena!

I am hopeless.

1 comment:

Shauna said...

Nice....

Very funny!