Friday Landry and I got to hang out and be lazy. We also went to the movies to see Benchwarmers. It was pretty dumb sophomoric humor, but mildy amusing. Landry loved it so much he wants to buy it.
Wes and I had a great weekend. I took him to meet my Dad for the first time. I was wigging. There is just something about my Dad that has that affect on me. I can't explain it. The whole dynamic of the relationship is so not normal. Our relationship mostly consists of him letting me down and me wanting to please him. Oh my gosh. Did I just write that? I am forcing myself not to delete that in fear that he might somehow see it. My dad doesn't even know how to use a computer but still. See what I mean about wigging?? Anyway, it went well. I would say as good as can be expected under the circumstances. About my dad....lets see if I can describe him. He is an anomaly. He is tough as nails and at the same time so tender hearted about things that don't matter. He is selfish with his own kids but would give the shirt off his back to a stranger. He has no parenting skills and is completely dominated by his wife. He has abandoned me in more ways than one time and again. Yet I am his favorite. When he had his accident my knees buckled in fear. He is my dad. You just can't reach him. He loves us with all he has, I truly believe that...you just can't reach what is really HIM.
He never reached his potential because, in my opinion, he was late to grow up and once he did he was too mired down in his addiction.
Hell.
There is no way to describe it so forget it. He is what he is and I know what he is and I love him anyway. Poor Wes. This is what he had to deal with all day. Anyway, we ate steak and beans and we tripped over the furniture. My dad's house is 1000 square foot of house and 975 square foot of furniture. You have to crawl over and around, across the backs of couches and stuff to get around in it. We ate, climbed, petted the dogs and went home. My step mom gave me this gianormus plant. My dad said it was the "plant that ate Chicago"...it weighs like 150 pounds.
My airconditioning is not working. It blows "dogbreath". That is how Wes decribes moist humid luke warm air. I am petrified that it will cost a bazillion dollars to get it fixed. We slept at Wes's so we wouldn't melt. It is supposed to get to 100 degrees today. On the way to school I stopped to get Landry a Breakfast on a Bun at Whataburger. I pulled up to the drive- in window and this is what I said verbatim "I need a number 10 with orange juice and sausage, make that sausage, a sausage breakfast on a bun with sausage."
shit.
Landry looked at me like I was insane.....then I started laughing. The kind of laughing where tears run down my face and I get all chokey and can't speak. Landry was just looking out the window and shaking his head slowly from side to side. I don't know what the hell...it was like my brain disconnected from my mouth and I could not explain how that I wanted sausage on the damn thing. I am an alzheimers case study in the making.
Monday, April 17, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
2 comments:
your air conditioner breaking stinks! Did you buy, or get from the seller a home warrenty? If you did it will only cost you $50 to get it fixed!
Good luck!
of course not...I couldn't AFFORD the home warranty......waaaaaah :(
Post a Comment